Samuel SR, Khatri SG, Acharya S. Clinical Evaluation of self and professionally applied desensitizing agents in relieving dentin hypersensitivity after a single topical application: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Clin Exp Dent. 2014;6(4):e339-43.
1. Gillam DG, Aris A, Bulman JS, Newman HN, Ley F. Dentine hypersensitivity in subjects recruited for clinical trials:clinical evaluation, prevalence and intra-oral distribution. J Oral Rehabil. 2002;29:226-31.
2. Addy M. Dentine hypersensitivity:new perspectives on an old problem. Int Dent J. 2002;52:375-86.
3. Brannstrom M, Astrom A. The hydrodynamics of the dentine;its possible relationship to dentinal pain. Int Dent J. 1972;22:219-27.
4. Porto IC, Andrade AK, Montes MA. Diagnosis and treatment of dentinal hypersensitivity. J Oral Sci. 2009;51:323-32.
5. Schüpbach P, Lutz F, Finger WJ. Closing of dentinal tubules by gluma desensitizer. Eur j Oral Sci. 1997;105:414-21.
6. Ling TY, Gillam DG. The effectiveness of desensitizing agents for the treatment of cervical dentine sensitivity (CDS) – A review. J West Soc Periodontal Periodontal Abstr. 1996;44:5-12.
7. Markowitz K, Pashley DH. Discovering new treatments for sensitive teeth:the long path from biology to therapy. J Oral Rehabil. 2008;35:300-15.
8. Kleinberg I. Sensistat. A new saliva-based composition for simple and effective treatment of dentinal sensitivity pain. Dent today. 2002;21:42-7.
9. Schiff T, Dotson M, Cohen S, Devizio W, Mccool J, Volpe A. Efficacy of a dentifrice containing potassium nitrate, soluble pyrophosphate, PVM/MA copolymer, and sodium fluoride on dentinal hypersensitivity:a twelve week clinical study. J Clin Dent. 1994;5:87-92.
10. Gugnani S, Gupta R, Pandit N. Comparative evaluation of two commercially available desensitizing agents after scaling and root planning:an in vivo study. Perio. 2008;5:121-9.
11. Wolff MS, Kaufman H, Kleinberg I. Dentinal hypersensitivity following scaling and root planning (SRP) and dental prophylaxis. J Dent Res. 2002;80:191.
12. Schiff T, Delgado E, Zhang YP, Cummins D, Devizio W, Mateo LR. Clinical evaluation of the efficacy of an in-office desensitizing paste containing 8.0% arginine and calcium carbonate in providing instant and lasting relief of dentin hypersensitivity. Am J Dent. 2009;22:8a-15a.
13. Petrou I, Heu R, Stranick M, Lavender S, Zaidel L, Cummins D, Sullivan RJ, Hsueh C, Gimzewski JK. A breakthrough therapy for dentin hypersensitivity:how dental products containing 8% arginine and calcium carbonate work to deliver effective relief of sensitive teeth. J Clin Dent. 2009;20:23-31.
14. Schiff T, Delgado E, Zhang YP, Devizio W, Cummins D, Mateo LR. The clinical effect of a single direct topical application of a dentifrice containing 8.0% arginine, calcium carbonate, and 1450 ppm fluoride on dentin hypersensitivity:the use of a cotton swab applicator versus the use of a fingertip. J Clin Dent. 2009;20:131-6.
15. Nathoo S, Delgado E, Zhang YP, Devizio W, Cummins D, Mateo LR. Comparing the efficacy in providing instant relief of dentin hypersensitivity of a new toothpaste containing 8.0% arginine, calcium carbonate, and 1450 ppm fluoride relative to a benchmark desensitizing toothpaste containing 2% potassium ion and 1450 ppm fluoride, and to a control toothpaste with 1450 ppm fluoride:a three-day clinical study in new jersey, USA. J Clin Dent. 2009;20:123-30.
16. Olusile AO, Bamise CT, Oginni AO, Dosumu OO. Short-term clinical evaluation of four desensitizing agents. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2008;9:22-9.
17. Ozen T, Orhan K, Avsever H, Tunca YM, Ulker AE, Akyol M. Dentin hypersensitivity:a randomized clinical comparison of three different agents in a short-term treatment period. Oper Dent. 2009;34:392-8.
18. Bekes K, John MT, Schaller HG, Hirsch C. Oral health-related quality of life in patients seeking care for dentin hypersensitivity. J Oral Rehabil. 2009;36:45-51.
19. Canadian advisory board on dentin hypersensitivity. Consensus-based recommendations for the diagnosis and management of dentin hypersensitivity. J Can Dent Assoc. 2003;69:221-6.