Daljit Kapoor, Ashutosh Nirola, Vinod Kapoor, Ramandeep-Singh Gambhir. Knowledge and awareness regarding biomedical waste management in dental teaching institutions in India- A systematic review. J Clin Exp Dent. 2014;6(4):e418-23.
1. WHO, Glossary on Solid Waste, Copenhagen, World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe, 1980.
2. Jindal AK, Gupta A, Grewal VS, Mahen A. Biomedical waste disposal: A systems analysis. Med J Armed Forces India. 2013;69:351-6.
3. Sudhakar V, Chandrashekar J. Dental health care waste disposal among private dental practices in Bangalore City, India. Int Dent J. 2008;58:51-4.
4. Singh BP, Khan SA, Agrawal N, Siddharth R, Kumar L. Current biomedical waste management practices and cross-infection control procedures of dentists in India. Int Dent J. 2012;62:111-6.
5. Mehta A, Gupta M, Upadhyaya N. Status of occupational hazards and their prevention among dental professionals in Chandigarh, India: A comprehensive questionnaire survey. Dent Res J (Isfahan). 2013;10:446-51.
6. Pandit NB, Mehta HK, Kartha GP, Choudhary SK. Management of bio-medical waste: Awareness and practices in a district of Gujarat. Indian J Public Health. 2005;49:245-7.
7. Sunil Kumar VC, Manjunatha M, Badami V, Pradeep PR. Biomedical Waste Management: A Review. J Oral Health Comm Dent. 2012;6:141-4.
8. Khandelwal V, Khandelwal S, Thakur JS. Health care waste disposal among private dentist in an Indian city. Int J Infect Control. 2013;9:1-5.
9. Wright K, McDaid C. Reporting of article retractions in bibliographic databases and online journals. J Med Libr Assoc. 2011;99:164-7.
10. STROBE Statement. Strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology [monograph on the internet]. Switzerland; 2007 [cited 2014 February 10]. Available from: http.//www.strobe-statement.org/index.php?id= available-checklists.
11. Liberati A, Altman DG, Tetzlaff J, Mulrow C, Gotzsche PC, Ioannidis JP et al. The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions. Explanation and elaboration. J Clin Epidemiol. 2009;62:e1-34.
12. Saini R, Pithon MM, Singh HK, Popoff DV. Knowledge of Biomedical Waste Management among the Students of Rural Dental College, Maharashtra, India. Int J Experiment Dent Sci. 2013;2:24-6.
13. Rudraswamy S, Sampath M, Doggalli N. Staff's attitude regarding hospital waste management in the dental college hospitals of Bangalore city, India. Indian J Occup Environ Med. 2012;16:75-8.
14. Sood AG, Sood A. Dental perspective on biomedical waste and mercury management: A knowledge, attitude and practice survey. Indian J Dent Res. 2011;22:271-5.
15. Bala S, Narwal A. Awareness of Bio-Medical Waste Management Among Hospital and Dental College and Hospital Employees. A Panoramic View. J Oral Health Comm Dent. 2013;7:1-7.
16. Sharma A, Sharma V, Sharma S, Singh P. Awareness of Biomedical Waste Management Among Health Care Personnel in Jaipur, India. Oral Health Dent Manag. 2013;12:32-40.
17. Kishore J, Goel P, Sagar B, Joshi TK. Awareness about biomedical waste management and infection control among dentists of a teaching hospital in New Delhi, India. Indian J Dent Res. 2000;11:157-61.
18. Hedge V, Kulkarni RD, Ajantha GS. Biomedical waste management. J Oral Maxillofac Pathol. 2007;11:5-9.
19. Baghele ON, Phadke S, Deshpande AA, Deshpande JP, Baghele MO. A simplified model for biomedical waste management in dental practices - A pilot project at Thane, India. Eur J Gen Dent. 2013;2:235-40.